Tuesday, January 18, 2011

2011-04 - Hope…

As I ate breakfast one morning, I overheard two oncologists conversing. One complained bitterly, "You know, Bob, I just don't understand it. We used the same drugs, the same dosage, the same schedule and the same entry criteria. Yet I got a 22 percent response rate and you got a 74 percent. That's unheard of for metastatic cancer. How do you do it?"
His colleague replied, "We're both using Etoposide, Platinum, Oncovin and Hydroxyurea. You call yours EPOH. I tell my patients I'm giving them HOPE. As dismal as the statistics are, I emphasize that we have a chance."
~ William M. Buchholz, M.D. (Chicken Soup for the Surviving Soul)

==========
"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow."
~ Albert Einstein
==========

No comments:

Post a Comment