Tuesday, October 15, 2013

2013-42 - Wreckers or Builders…

I watched them tearing a building down,
A gang of men in a busy town.
With a ho-heave-ho and lusty yell,
They swung a beam and a sidewall fell.
I asked the foreman, “Are these men skilled,
As the men you’d hire if you had to build?”
He gave me a laugh and said, “No indeed!
Just common labor is all I need.
I can easily wreck in a day or two
What builders have taken a year to do.”
And I tho’t to myself as I went my way,
Which of these two roles have I tried to play?
Am I a builder who works with care,
Measuring life by the rule and square?
Am I shaping my deeds by a well-made plan,
Patiently doing the best I can?
Or am I a wrecker who walks the town,
Content with the labor of tearing down?

~ Author Unknown






Do you want to know what you are? You are a creator. At every moment you are creating. The real question is, what are you creating?

~ Bryant H. McGill

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for taking the time to discuss this, I feel strongly about it and love learning more on this topic.
    residential builders risk insurance

    ReplyDelete