Tuesday, October 20, 2015

2015-42 - One Day...

While I was walking in the park, I noticed a little girl. Barefoot and dirty, she watched all the people pass by indifferently. She was silent and did not say a word. Everybody passed by and did not pay any attention to her.

The very next day I decided to go back to that park and check if the girl was still there. She was right there in the same spot as yesterday, sadly looking around. I was worried about her, as a park full of strangers is not a good place for small kids to be alone.

As I approached her, I realized that the girl’s back was oddly deformed. A thought crossed my mind that maybe this was the reason why everyone was avoiding her and did not try to help. I got closer and smiled to let her know that I was there to talk, to help. I started with a “Hello” and then sat down near her. The girl was very surprised, however, after a long stare, she replied “Hi”.

We talked for hours together until dusk. The park became silent and empty. Then I carefully asked the little girl as to why she was so sorrowful and lonesome. “I am different, that’s why” pat came her reply. I agreed with her and smiled “Yes, you are”, and then I continued “you remind me of an angel, pure and sweet”. She slowly got to her feet and smiled “Really?” I confirmed that she looked to me like a little Guardian Angel who watched all the people passing by. To my surprise, she nodded her head and admitted “I am, I am your Guardian Angel”, and spread her wings. I was so amazed, that I couldn't say a word. After a moment she explained “Think of someone other than yourself – that was the purpose of my job here”.

Then I got to my feet and asked “Why nobody stopped to help you?”

“Because only you could see me”, was her answer and then she was gone.

~ Author Unknown
____________________________________________________

“Happiness is not something readymade. It comes from your own actions."

~ Dalai Lama
___________________________________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment