Tuesday, August 1, 2017

2017-31 - Clean your cup...

I recently started a new job, in a small office, where four of us share a fridge. In that fridge is a Brita water filter pitcher. One of my co-workers complained the water tasted "dirty". It went on for a few days, and she was stunned that I could drink the water without any trouble. I started to doubt my taste buds, but the water really tasted fine.

Finally, she figured out the problem was actually her cup. She simply forgot to clean it, and after a while it started to affect the water inside it. She cleaned her cup, and drank the water with no problem.

I can't help but look at this, and think about the world we live in. Too often we quickly blame other people, other things, anything else, but ourselves. "You're racist". "You're intolerant". "You're the problem". The world isn't perfect, I know, but I think we should take a step back sometimes and ask ourselves some tough questions.

Can I be better? Is my heart really pure? Can I help this situation with kindness?

I want to tell you this; please clean your cup. Because when you do, the water will taste much better. I promise you this.

~ Author Unknown



One of the most healing things you can do is recognize where in your life you are your own poison.

~ Dr Steve Maraboli


No comments:

Post a Comment